The Actions Console lets you customize your app publishing settings for different languages, locales, and regions. These include which regions your app is available in, any localized app descriptions, and customization of TTS voices.
Provide app information for languages and locales
You can specify different app information at the language or locale level:
- Language granularity - Your app's information applies to all locales of that language.
- Locale granularity - Each locale has its own app information. This information is then displayed in the Assistant app directory appropriately, depending on the user's locale.
To add app information for languages and locales:
- In your project's Overview screen, click on App information.
- In the language drop-down menu, click Add Languages to add new langauges or hover over an existing language to add locale-specific information for that language.
The Actions console lets you control region availability with the Location targeting setting, which specifies the regions your app supports. A device's region is determined by its physical location and not by its locale. Regions are currently set at the country level.
You might want to use location targeting if you have an app that only allows purchases in certain countries or if your app relies on the user physically being in a specific country to use it.
However, you should make your app available to as many regions as possible. For instance, if you create an app that teaches users about United States history, you should make the app available to all regions to get the most usage and exposure.
To set location targeting:
- Go to the Overview section of your project in the Actions Console.
In the Location targeting section, specify the regions that your app supports. By default, all regions are supported.
Customize TTS voice
By default, your app uses the TTS voice associated with the user's Assistant locale setting. This setting is usually the same as the device's locale setting, but can be different if the user explicitly changes the Assistant's locale on their device.
If desired, you can force a specific TTS voice for your app, regardless of the Assistant locale setting. For example, your app might have a persona that must have an American or British English accent.
To set a specific TTS voice for your app:
- Go to the Actions Console and click on your project. The Overview page appears.
- Click on App Information > Details to display the Assistant app voice field. The default setting of Match user's language setting is selected by default.
- To override the default setting, deselect the Match user's language setting checkbox and choose the desired TTS voice from the drop-down menu.