To test your Smart Home app, do the following:
Go to the Actions on Google Developer Console and select your project.
Under App information, click the EDIT button. Fill in all of the informational fields for your app; these fields will appear in the Assistant App Directory. Don't worry if you don't have all of the information finalized for your app. You can save your progress by clicking the SAVE button near the bottom of the page.
Under Account linking, click the ADD button. Here you can set up authentication so that users can link their accounts to your app.
Link your Google account to your Smart Home agent using the Google Assistant app:
- Access the Smart Home settings.
- Click the + button to add a device.
- Select your app from the list of providers.
- Sign in to your service.
In the Actions console, click the TEST DRAFT button to test your app on a device.
Access the Smart Home settings in the Google App
Do the following steps on an Android device (version 6+):
- Make sure Google Play Services is up to date on the Android device.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of the Google app. Visit the Google app page in the Google Play Store. Click the UPDATE button if it appears for your device.
- Sign in on the device with the same test account.
- Open the updated Google app (touch and hold the Home button).
- At the top right, tap the icon.
- Select Explore and the icon.
- Select Settings. Make sure you are signed in with the correct account.
- Under Services, select Home control.
Sharing your project
Invite other people to your project so they can test your Assistant app before you publish it. Your app must have at least one action to test.
- Go to the Actions on Google Developer Console and select your project.
- In the left navigation, select the gear icon and then Permissions. This redirects you to the IAM page for your project.
- Click ADD to set a team member's access to your project. You must be an owner of the project.
- Type the member's email address in the Members box. In the Roles menu, select Project > Viewer for view access.
- Back in the Actions on Google Developer Console, select the Simulator and click SHARE.
- Copy the link provided in step 2 of the dialog box to share the project with them.
- After you share the link with another user, that user must follow the link to the Actions Simulator landing page, toggle the Test Status to Active and click START.
Prior to submitting your app for review, please fill in all of the App information fields and run through this set of QA test cases , as these are the cases that we our third-party certification vendor will test your app with. Once all of the tests are passing, please submit your app for review, and follow instructions given during the submission process.
Once your app is published, you will gain access to useful app analytics in the Actions console including:
- Daily active users
- Command execution counts
- App latency
- Directory stats