This document describes how to debug and troubleshoot the Google Analytics Plugin for Unity.
Debugging & Troubleshooting
If you've followed the Developer's Guide but are not seeing any data in Google Analytics reports, review the following suggestions and considerations:
- It can take up to 24 to 48 hours for Google Analytics to start reporting data. If you've confirmed that your implementation is correct then wait at least 48 hours to determine if this delay is the reason you're not seeing any data.
- Set the log level to
VERBOSEto get additional information about missing parameters or other issues which could be preventing your hits from being sent.
- Confirm that you have correctly configured the prefab. It is important that you have the correct Property/Tracking ID and an App Name. Make sure you're looking at reports for the corresponding property.
- Confirm that you've set the dispatch period to a reasonable value. A value of zero will completely stop dispatching hits; while a large value will prevent hits from showing up in the Real-Time reports (they will still be viewable in the other reports). The default value for the plugin is 5 seconds.
- If you are seeing a
NullReferenceExceptionthis likely means you forgot to drag the configured prefab from the Object Hierarchy onto the script reference in the Inspector view.
- If you are getting linker errors when building for iOS then follow the iOS setup and configuration steps to automatically add the required libraries when building.
- If you are getting permissions errors on Android then follow the Android setup and configuration steps to learn how to update your AndroidManifest.xml file.
- Confirm that the Dry Run flag is unchecked. This flag is intended for testing your game and if checked it will prevent all hits from being sent to Google Analytics.
If you are still having issues and are unable to troubleshoot the issue you can try the following: