drives.list method to search
for drives in your organization.
Search for all drives in an organization
To search for all shared drives in the organization, set the
useDomainAdminAccess parameter to
true and call the
If you do not set the
useDomainAdminAccess parameter, only the shared drives
for which the current user of your app is a member are returned.
Search for specific drives in an organization (need to useDomainAdminAccess)
To search for a specific set of shared drives, set the
true and use the query string
drives.list to filter
the drives to return.
A query contains three parts: a term, an operator and a value for the returned query result. This example shows a basic query:
query_term operator values
- query_term is the query term or field to search upon. To identify which query terms can be used to filter shared drives, refer to Shared drive query terms.
- operator specifies the condition for the query term. To identify which operators you can use with each query term, refer to Query operators.
- values are the specific values you want to use to filter your search results.
Query search examples
The following table shows some basic search queries for shared drives:
|What you want to query||Example|
|Shared drives with no assigned organizer||
|Shared drives with the word 'confidential' in the title and 20 or more members||
|Shared drives created after June 1, 2017||
Query multiple terms with parentheses
You can use parentheses to group multiple query terms together. For example, to search for shared drives created after a specific date and that either have more than 5 organizers or more than 20 members, use this query:
createdDate > '2019-01-01T12:00:00' and (organizerCount > 5 or memberCount > 20)
This search returns all shared drives created after January 1st, 2019 and that have more than 5 organizers or more than 20 members.
Drive API evaluates
or operators from left to right, so the same
search without parentheses would return:
- only shared drives with more than 5 organizers that were created after January 1st, 2019.
- all shared drives with more than 20 members, even those created before January 1st, 2019.