The following features are currently being developed for G Suite add-ons, but are not yet available:
- Extending the G Suite add-on experience to new host apps, like Google Sheets.
- Configuration controls to optionally allow contextual cards to show as a notification, without hiding homepage content, when the user moves into that context (for example, when a user selects a message thread to open in Gmail). Currently the contextual cards replace the existing homepage cards.
- Improving the content of the auto-generated homepage cards to include more information about the add-on itself.
- Add-on installation controls from the Gmail, Calendar, and Drive hosts.
- Allow specifying card structure, content, and responses in JSON format,
similar to Google Chat bot card
construction, instead of using the
- Controls to allow the displayed homepage cards to be periodically refreshed automatically, in case add-on state has changed since the last render.
When these features become available they will be listed in the Add-ons release notes.