Feeling a little stuck? There are several ways to get some help with your app.
- Ask a question on Stack Overflow.
- Report a bug or feature request on the issue tracker.
- Contact the Maps support team.
- Google Maps APIs Premium Plan customers, in addition to the community support channels, you have access to enterprise-level support through Google's support representatives for select APIs.
Community support on Stack Overflow
Members of the Google Maps Platform team monitor several Google Maps related tags
on Stack Overflow. You can look for Google Maps Platform APIs topics by adding
google-maps-api-3. You may wish to add additional tags to your question
to attract the attention of experts in related technologies.
Before posting a question on Stack Overflow:
Before posting, please search the group to see if someone has already answered your question.
When posting a new question, please consider the following:
- Be very clear about your question in the subject — it helps those trying to answer your question as well as those who may be looking for information in the future.
- Give plenty of details in your post to help others understand your problem. Consider including code snippets, logs, or links to screenshots.
- Please include a code snippet that demonstrates the problem. Most people will not debug errors in your code without a simple sample that easily reproduces the problem. If you find it difficult to host your code online, use a service like JSFiddle.
- Read the Stack Overflow FAQ. The site and its community have guidelines and tips that you should follow to help ensure your question is answered.
Report an issue or feature request
If you think you may have found a bug, or if you have a feature request that you would like to share with the Google Maps Platform team, please file a bug or feature request in our issue tracker.
- A description of the problem, and the behavior you expected instead.
- A list of steps and/or a small snippet of sample code that can be taken to reproduce the problem.
- Any other information that the bug report template may require.
Before reporting a bug, please search the bug list to see if someone has already reported the issue.
You can use the issue tracker to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features. Please describe the specific functionality you would like to see added, as well as reasons you think it's important. If possible, include specific details about your use case and the new opportunities the feature would allow for.
Before filing a new feature request, please search the list to see if someone has already filed the same request.
|Issue tracker status codes|
|New||This issue/feature request has not been triaged.|
|Assigned||The issue has a person assigned to it.|
|Accepted||The issue has been acknowledged by the assignee, who will provide updates when active investigations begin.|
|Fixed||The issue is resolved in a released version.|
|Fixed (Verified)||The issue has been addressed and the correctness of the fix has been confirmed.|
|Won't fix (Not reproducible)||There is either not enough information to fix the issue, or the issue as reported cannot be re-created.|
|Won't fix (Intended behavior)||The issue describes the expected behavior of the product under the reported circumstances.|
|Won't fix (Obsolete)||The issue is no longer relevant due to changes in the product.|
|Won't fix (Infeasible)||The issue requires changes that cannot be implemented in the foreseeable future.|
|Duplicate||This report duplicates an existing issue.|
|Issue tracker triaged codes|
|PendingFurtherReview||This issue has passed initial triage and is waiting for priority review.|
|NeatIdea||Feature request is acknowledged. We are currently evaluating this request but do not have any plans to implement it. Please star to vote and comment to discuss your use case.|
|NeedsMoreInfo||This issue/feature request requires more information from the reporter.|
Contact the Maps support team
Creating a support case
- Login to the Maps section of the Google Cloud Console.
- Select the project that you are having an issue with.
- Click the Google Maps Platform Support Form link.
- Fill out the fields on the Maps Platform support page, then click the Submit button.
- Select the severity of the case according to our definitions.
- Provide additional information on the issue, if applicable: a link to your site, HTTP requests, received error codes, expected outcomes.
Support response times
Access to support services is provided through the support section of the Maps console with support response times (resolution times may vary) as indicated in the table below:
|Service Unusable First Response (P1)||1 hour on weekdays, excluding regional holidays|
|Standard Request First Response (P2, P3, P4)||48 hours|
|Feature Request First Response||48 hours|
For questions related to data privacy and protection, you can contact us using the Data Privacy Inquiry Form.
Premium Plan customers
Please follow the steps listed for Contacting Premium Plan Support.
Google Cloud Connect
Join the Google Cloud Connect community to get these exclusive benefits:
- Updates and insights into Google Maps products, strategy, plans, and direction, including confidential news about product features.
- The opportunity to attend to a quarterly, live presentation of the roadmap for our Google Maps products.
- The ability to ask questions, send feedback, and share ideas with Google staff and other Google Maps Platform users.
- The opportunity to attend regional Meetups, where you can collaborate with other Google Maps Platform users.
To join the community:
- Visit https://www.cloudconnect.goog/.
- Access the Google Maps discussions and content, by choosing Maps from the Resources menu on the Home page.