Monday, December 10, 2018
You can find the whole session, about one hour long, in this video:
The video covers the following topics:
- What HTTPS encryption is, and why it is important to protect your visitors and yourself,
- How HTTPS enables a more modern web,
- What are the usual complaints about HTTPS, and are they still true today?
- "But HTTPS certificates cost so much money!"
- "But switching to HTTPS will destroy my SEO!"
- "But "mixed content" is such a headache!"
- "But my ad revenue will get destroyed!"
- "But HTTPS is sooooo sloooow!"
- Some practical advice to run the migration. Those are an aggregation of:
We hope that this sort of content is useful. Don't hesitate to let us know if you like it and if we should do more! You can reach out to us directly on Twitter ( Vincent & Fatih ). Let us know which topics are of interest to you by commenting here or on the YouTube page. If you have questions when you plan your own HTTPS migration, don't hesitate to ask in our Webmaster Help Forums.