Each week, we publish any substantial changes to this style guide, and we provide release notes on this page giving a summary of those changes. If there haven't been any substantial changes in a given week, we don't publish release notes.
April 2, 2018
March 26, 2018
February 26, 2018
- Added a term to the word list: ad hoc.
February 12, 2018
- Added terms to the word list: Cloud, Container Engine, ephemeral external IP address, firewalls, GCP, GCP project ID, internal IP address, NAT, network IP address, non-key, on-premises, persistent disk, project, RDP, static external IP address, subnet, table name, textbox, turn on.
- Added information about closed compounds and prefixes to the word list.
January 29, 2018
- Added terms to the word list: alpha, autohealing, autoscaling, autotagging, bare metal, beta, CLI, Cloud SDK, colocate, CPU, curated roles, data center campus, data cleaning, data source, ETL, IaaS, impact, ingest, k8s, key pair, PaaS, preemptible, regex, SaaS, screenshot, sign-in, sign into, sign-out, sub-command, v, virtual machine instance.
- Added a section on placeholder variables to the code in text page.
January 8, 2018
December 11, 2017
November 13, 2017
October 23, 2017
September 4, 2017
- Added several more terms to the word list: check, checkbox, clear, deselect, open source, select, target, uncheck, Unix-like, unselect.
- Added material to the Trademarks page about using trademarks as adjectives. Also added links to a couple of other trademark-related pages from Google.
- Removed Android-specific material from the Headings page, to bring Android doc guidelines more into line with non-Android guidelines. Also, added notes about things not to include in headings.
- Removed Android label from material on the Tables page, to make that material also apply to non-Android docs.
- Added mention of degrees and percents to the Units of measurement page.
August 28, 2017
August 21, 2017
July 31, 2017
July 10, 2017
- Added words to the word list: deep linking, jank, wake lock.
June 8, 2017
- Public release.