This section specifies the feed files used to transmit your inventory data to Reserve with Google. The contents of your feeds defines which services you are providing, what services are available, and when the services are available.
The structure of the inventory feeds are defined by the Google Maps Booking API.
The following feed is mandatory across any integration:
- Merchants feed: Contains data describing your merchants.
In addition, the 2 following feeds are mandatory for end-to-end integration.
- Services feed: Describes the services provided by your merchants.
- Availability feed: Lists availability slots of services provided by your merchants.
Some optional feeds are also specified:
- Offers feed: Describe offers (promotions) that your system provides to users. Please check the offer guide to know more.
- Menu feed: Describes food menus of restaurants. Please check the menu guide to know more.
Some fields in these feeds are required and some are optional. Any field marked as optional can be left out of the feed when empty.
The feeds format is described using protocol buffer 3 syntax. You have the option to upload the feeds file as a binary serialization of the protocol buffer data in pb3 format or in a derived JSON format. We recommend uploading the feeds in JSON format.
We recommend using gzip to compress feeds prior to upload.
This guide is specific to the Reserve with Google protocol buffers. For general information on how to use the protocol buffers to generate a pb3 file, here is an example in Java.