- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 7.28.0 that caused graphical glitches in GameKit apps.
- iPhone X support.
- For full screen ads, the default close button now renders within the safe area.
- Removed the
nativeAd property from
- Limits SDK interactions with Apple's StoreServices to once per session, at app launch.
- Test ads now show a label on top of the ad. See the testing guide for more details.
- Native Mediation: Adapters now get the call to
mediatedNativeAd:didRenderInView:viewController: as soon as a
native ad is associated with a native ad view, instead of waiting for that
native ad view to be visible.
- Native Mediation: Adapters now get a call to
mediatedNativeAdDidUntrackView: with a nil view when the tracked
view gets deallocated.
- Updates the way the SDK interacts with Apple's StoreServices.
- Official release for iOS 11 support.
GADAdDelegate has been removed.
GADAudioVideoManager should be used instead to manage ads audio.
- Fixed an iOS 11 bug where banner views were shifted down due to content insets.
- Added a dependency on the
Mediation adapters now get notified via
mediatedNativeAd:didUntrackView: when a native ad is deallocated.
Fixed issue where the ad failed to load ad event was not invoked when an ad
request is dropped due to the app running in the background state.
For interstitial ad units that are opted-out of video ads, the interstitial ads served will
have an immediate close option, even if an MRAID creative
Added text to the debug menu to indicate if creative preview or troubleshooting mode is active.
GADMultipleAdsAdLoaderOptions class, which allows
publishers to specify the number of ads to load for a single request.
loading property to
which indicates whether the ad loader is currently loading ads.
Added a new, optional delegate method
GADAdLoaderDelegate, which is invoked after a
GADAdLoader finishes returning all of the ads for a request.
Removed in-app purchase ad format.
Removed armv7s architecture.
Fixed issue where incorrect ad size was being forwarded
to mediation networks for smart banner mediation.
openInlineBrowser() method to
google_mobile_app_ads.js for opening a URL in a
GADAudioVideoManagerDelegate to provide notifications for the
start and pause/stop of audio and video ad playback.
setMute methods to
Added new delegate methods to
corresponding to the start, pause, end, mute and unmute
of video content.
Added support for rewarded video mediation adapters to opt in
to early initialization before an ad request is made.
- Added a video controller to
video controller properties are now non-null.
- Native Mediation: Adapters can now set the
GADMediatedNativeContentAd to render AdChoices.
- Added a
GADMediaView property to
- Moved mediation adapter headers into framework and global header.
- For the
kGADAdSizeFluid ad size, changing the banner's
size no longer changes the banner view's frame size.
- Added support for in-app preview and troubleshooting in DFP.
- Added dependency on the
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Corrected nullability annotations for
Bug fixes for crashes involving
GADNativeAdViewAdOptions to specify the location
of AdChoices in native ads.
adNetworkClassName property to
- Removed dependencies on CoreBlueooth, EventKit, and EventKitUI frameworks.
- Apps no longer need to provide text for
NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription when updating apps for iOS 10.
- Removed MRAID 2.0
- Bug fix for crashes involving
- When associating native ads with a view, the view's
userInteractionEnabled property is changed to
match the SDK's expectations.
- Added dependency on
- Added an API to tell the ad network if the SDK version is at least
Fixed bug affecting rewarded video mediation.
- Added GLKit, OpenGLES, CoreMotion and CoreVideo framework dependencies to improve and enhance ad rendering and quality.
- Added the
+[GADMobileAds configureWithApplicationID:] method. AdMob publishers should call this method with their application ID.
- DFP publishers who use SDK mediation will no longer get the warning "mediated ad type is unknown or invalid".
Added SDK support for automatically using location data when a user has explicitly enabled an app's location permissions.
Added dependency on CoreBluetooth and SafariServices frameworks.
Added nullability annotations to the SDK's main header files
for improved Swift optionals support.
Added support for
in ads with size
Resolved issue with Native Ad click handling in scroll views.
Added support for rewarded video ads.
Added support for bitcode.
While this has increased the size of the SDK download,
it will not significantly increase the size of app binaries.
To change this setting for your app,
go to your project's Build Settings
and under the Build Options section,
set Enable Bitcode to
Added a dependency on the MediaPlayer framework.
You will need to link this framework to your app's binary.
If you are using CocoaPods, run
pod install --repo-update.
Removed all references to userID in reward-based video APIs.
Calls to the
GADInterstitial are always paired with
interstitialDidReceiveAd: delegate call.
Fixed a corner case where this contract was not upheld.
Added the ability for adapters to handle and report click events.
Search ads: Added support for dynamic height.
- Protocol methods for mediation adapters have been regrouped/moved to make them simpler.
- Corrected the capitalization of the
didFailToLoadWithError message in the
- Fixes crashes in
- SDK no longer uses
method on iOS 9 devices.
- Fixes issue where
GADNativeAdDelegate methods were not called.
adLoader:didFailToReceiveAdWithError callback is now called if no
ad types are requested.
- Fixes a crash that occurs when the user completes an in-app purchase for a product whose
identifier contains a special character.
- MRAID v2 beta version.
- Added new global settings for crash reporting and automatic in-app purchase (IAP)
tracking. If automatic in-app purchase tracking is enabled, this removes the dependency on the
Conversion Tracking SDK
for reporting IAP conversions.
adUnitID property on
GADInterstitial is now
- Added APIs for reward-based video mediation.
- Added support for app install and content native ad formats across AdMob, DFP, and Ad Exchange.
- Added support for custom native ad formats, available for DFP reservations.
- Fixed a regression introduced in 7.2.0 where smart banners displayed incorrectly in landscape on iOS 8.
- Fixes the following warning when uploading to the App Store:
The app references non-public selectors in Payload/(<app_id>):clientId,screenName,setScreenName.
- Simulators once again load live ads by default. Add
kGADSimulatorID to the
testDevices property on
GADRequest to get test ads on simulators.
- Added ability for mediation adapters and custom events to record clicks for interstitials.
- Added minor improvements to custom event APIs.
GADInterstitial initWithAdUnitID: and deprecated
- Deprecated the
setValidAdSizesWithSizes method in
- Requires linking against
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Dropped support for iOS 5.
- Released SDK as a framework.
- Removed dependency on the
-ObjC linker flag.
- Improved ad loading time on iOS 8.
requestAgent property to
Third-party integrations should set this property to denote the platform from
which the request originated.
- Added new
DFPRequest class, which supports
custom targeting and category exclusions.
publisherProvidedID property from
- Removed the
GAD_SIMULATOR_ID macro—test ads are
automatically enabled in the simulator when using
additionalParameters, and testing properties.
- Turned off bouncing for banner ads.
- Fixed crash occurring in
- Official release for iOS 8 support.
- Ad loading takes less time on the main thread on iOS 8.
- Smart Banner ads are correctly displayed in landscape on iOS 8.
- Requires linking against two new frameworks:
These are auto-linked if modules and auto-linking frameworks are enabled.
mediatedAdView property on
- Removed the previously deprecated
|| Corrected banner view initialization from nibs.
- Ads now default to opening in Safari instead of the in-app browser.
The creative can override this behavior by specifying
- Swipe gestures have been disabled on
DFPSwipeableBannerView has been deprecated in favor of
GADInterstitial has been deprecated.
- Unbundled analytics packages from SDK resulting in (9.6 -> 3.4)MB SDK
size reduction. The analytics SDK can be downloaded
contentURL property on
been moved to
- Various bug fixes.
- Dropped support for iOS 4.3. The SDK supports iOS 5.0 and higher and
now provides ARC weak references.
- Added a 320x100 large banner format, with constant
- Added a new interstitial format to launch in-app purchases. Set the
inAppPurchaseDelegate property on
to handle in-app purchase events.
- Improved ad targeting.
- Required to link against the
- Fixed a crash that occurs when the device enters airplane mode.
- Improved performance of ads when placed inside a
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
||Fixed some memory leaks when using mediation.
- Required to link against the
- Added support for arm64 and x86_64 architectures.
- Significantly reduced library size.
adNetworkClassName property on
- Fixed bug where DFP app events were not firing for interstitials.
- Bundled the Ad Exchange HTML adapter directly into the library. Ad Exchange developers
no longer need to link
||Hides the status bar for full-screen views on iOS 7.
GADBannerView resizing bug.
- API change for COPPA field in
- Passes Apple's IDFA in the ad request.
- Updated mediation warning messages for linker flag usage.
||Fix for recurring
||Fixed a crash that occurred when the
Advertising Identifier is
GADInterstitial crashing when app is running in the background.
- Fixed a
GADMRAIDInterceptor threading crash.
- Fixed a bug so that interstitial delegates now receive
- Renamed MD5 symbols to prevent duplicate symbol errors.
- Added support for receiving test ads when using AdMob through mediation.
- Test ads are only available on devices running iOS 6+.
- Removed all uses of UDID.
- Added a logging statement that provides the ID to pass to
request.testDevices to enable test ads on a specific device.
- Added support for test ads on iOS 6.
- Fixed a crash in
- Required to link against the
- Fixed a crash for when app is rotated before first mediation ad is received.
-all_load flag is no longer necessary when building for ARMv7s; the
-ObjC flag is still required.
- Required to link against the AdSupport framework.
- Required to use Xcode 4.5 and build against iOS 6. The minimum deployment is iOS 4.3.
- The SDK has removed ARMv6 instructions, and now includes ARMv7s instructions.
- Uses Apple's Identifier For Advertising (IDFA) for iOS 6 and UDID for versions below iOS 6.
- Various bug fixes for iOS 6.
- Compatibility of in-app browser for the taller screen of iPhone 5.
- Compatibility with autolayout for iOS 6.
- Bug fix for third-party click/impression tracking.
DFPBannerView can be created without having an initial size.
validAdSizes is set before loading a loading a request.
6.1.5: This version utilizes the universal device identifier (UDID). Apps utilizing this version must obtain appropriate user consent for sending device identifier information in compliance with relevant iOS policies.
- Fixed MRaid Interceptor crashing when accessing nil key issue.
- Publishers will need to add an
-all_load flag when using the SDK.
DFPExtras objects specifically for DFP publishers.
- New DFP feature: Multiple ad sizes.
- New DFP feature: App Events.
- DFP, Search, and Mediation headers are now included in the "Add-ons" subfolder,
thus no longer requiring separate downloads.
- Known issue: When using
GADBannerView with Interface Builder, the frame size
needs to be set explicitly before loading a request.
6.1.2: This version utilizes the universal device identifier (UDID). Apps utilizing this version must obtain appropriate user consent for sending device identifier information in compliance with relevant iOS policies.
- Added frequency capping.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
6.0.4: This version utilizes the universal device
identifier (UDID). Apps utilizing this version must obtain appropriate user
consent for sending device identifier information in compliance with relevant
- Added ad network mediation.
- Mediation includes ability to mediate house ads and custom events.
- Added MRAID v1.0 support for all versions of the iOS platform.
GAD_SIZE_#x# macros in favor of
- Added support for full-width ads through the new
GADRequest now uses
to set extras. The
additionalParameters property has been deprecated.
As of version 5.0.8, the iOS SDK does not reference
- Removed any references made to
testDevices property has been deprecated in favor of
the now un-deprecated
- Added support for additional Rich Media interstitial ad formats for
iPhone and iPad. This update will be forward-compatible with all future
interstitial ad formats.
- Improved interstitial impression tracking.
GADInterstitial has always been a one-time-use object,
but it will now gracefully fail by calling
on any requests to load or display an interstitial after the first request.
||Fix oversized buttons on retina displays in in-app browser.
- Custom search ads integration.
- iOS 5.0 support.
- Faster interstitial loads.
- Modal view controller ad presentation fix.
- Fixed anchor tag behavior.
- Additionally certified on iOS 5.0 Beta 3.
GTMStringEncoding has been namespaced to avoid linker
collisions with other libraries.
- In-app browser closes itself for misconfigured App Store ads.
- Fixed memory leaks in the SDK.
- Fixed click tracking problems with DoubleClick for Advertisers (DFA)
- Fixed a couple of very rare crashes.
- DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) official release version.
- All view controllers are properly dismissed when a close is issued
- Added support for server-provided AFMA interstitial timeouts.
- Test mode is now a enabled by white listing device IDs.
- Added a method for re-using the same UIWebView in a banner and Rich
- Added device submodel to the onshow dictionary.
- Fixed memory leaks in
- App-open interstitial view controller locks itself into portrait to
remove a warning log from the console.
- Any 5xx HTTP response codes now return a "server error"
instead of a "network error".
||General Availability release.