Here are the different kinds of product IDs in the Content API for Shopping:
- Offer ID
offerIdis a string assigned to a product by a merchant. This ID represents an individual product.
offerIdis unique to the set of offers in the Merchant Center database, and is usually a numeric sequential number.
offerIdcan be an internal SKU number that a merchant assigns to the product.
- REST ID
- A REST ID is the unique identifier for a product assigned by Google.
- REST ID is the
productIdfor REST API calls.
REST IDs are aggregates with the format
online:en:label:1111111111. The REST ID consists of the following 4 parts, separated by colons:
- Channel ("online" or "local")
- Content Language (using the 2-letter designation, for example
- Feed label (might be the two-letter code for the feed's target country, for example
- Offer ID
You put this together as
channel:contentLanguage:feedLabel:offerId, for example,
- External Seller ID (Marketplaces)
Marketplaces must assign an
external_seller_idto offers uploaded to a multi-seller account. This field represents an individual seller.
external_seller_idvalues are case-sensitive, and must meet the following criteria:
- 1-50 characters in length
- Only alphanumeric ASCII characters, and underscore (_), hyphen (-), period (.), and tilde (~)
This isn't the same as the internal
The following table summarizes some of the IDs that can be associated with a product:
||An ID assigned to a product by a merchant.||
||String data type, unique identifier for a product's offer.|
|REST ID||An ID assigned to a product by Google. In the format
||Full ID including
||Used to refer to the REST ID in API calls.||
||This is the REST ID of a product.|
||Same value as REST ID and
||Used inside JSON body of a product to refer to its
||A seller ID chosen by the Marketplace.||
||Required for multi-seller accounts. Must be 1-50 characters. Case-sensitive. Digits, and special characters _, -, ., and ~ are accepted.|