Security & Privacy hub
The security and privacy hub is the central place for all security and privacy features supported by Google Tag Manager. This hub offers guidance on the following topics:
- Protecting user choices with consent mode
- Getting ready for first-party data with server-side tagging
- Managing Tag Manager accounts and user permissions
- Improving Tag Manager container security
Server-side tagging is made for the privacy-first futureWhen you implement a server container in Tag Manager, you unlock:
- Data transparency: A single data stream from your website to your own secure server provides insight into collected and transmitted data.
- Control: You have the option to redact or augment data before it ever reaches Google or third parties.
- Durable measurement: The server container supports enhanced conversions and consent mode. When cookies are set server-side, you build a strong foundation for conversion modeling.
- Flexibility: Server containers come with native integrations for Google's Ads ecosystem, Google Cloud Platform, and third-party measurement solutions.
Tag Manager allows you to delegate access to other users at the account and container level. Account-level permissions can be set to either Admin or User. Container-level permissions allow for more granular access.
If you need more support with implementing your measurement tags, you can reach out to Google-certified partners or ask the community.