The Data Transfer API manages the transfer of data from one user to another within a domain. One use case of this transfer is to reallocate application data belonging to a user who has left the organization.
To use the Data Transfer API, you define a transfer and then initiate it using the insert method. The transfer is defined in terms of one or more applications whose data will be transferred, and can include application- specific parameters.
- Determine the application(s) for which you want to transfer data.
- Construct a transfer resource that specifies the source and destination users and the applications for which to transfer data.
- Invoke the
insertmethod to add the transfer request.
The API includes additional methods and resources to help you construct and administer transfers, allowing you to do things like:
- List applications available for data transfer
- Get application information by application ID
- List transfers by source user, destination user, or status
- Get a transfer request by resource ID