Before using Google APIs, you need to enable them in a Google Cloud project. You can enable one or more APIs in a single Google Cloud project. If you don't already have a Google Cloud project, see Create a Google Cloud project.
To enable an API in your Google Cloud project:
- Open the Google Cloud console.
- At the top-left, click Menu > APIs & Services > Library.
- In the search field, enter the name of the API you want to enable and press Enter.
- In the list of search results, click the API you want to enable.
- Click Enable.
- To enable more APIs, repeat steps 2–5.
Learn how authentication and authorization works for Google Workspace APIs.