This page lists the major changes in each release of Google Pay API. The release notes are ordered and identified by date, and they include descriptions of the changes.
- Added Brazil debit and credit combo card support. See Card parameters object reference for more details.
- Added NCCC, eCard, and BlueGate (NTTData) to the list of participating processors. Updated the URL for Worldpay.
- Revamped the reference tab to improve user experience.
- Added PayAnyWay, Paragon Payment Solutions, and Paylane to the list of participating processors.
merchantIdfrom the example
- Updated the tutorial to change
- Added new images to the UX best practices guide.
- Added instructions to customize your API integration for SCA compliance.
- Added Cathay United Bank, Chase Paymentech, LogPay, Nuvei, Payler, Paymetric, and RBS to the list of participating processors.
- Added CardConnect, eGHL, and LogPay to the list of participating processors.
- Added a diverse set of sample token examples in the "Resources" tab.
- Made significant updates to the UX best practices page to improve clarity and usefulness.
- Added new
allowedCardNetworksoption, INTERAC, to the tutorial.
- Added Braspag, Ecard, Redsys, and Worldnet to the list of participating processors.
- Added PayPal as a supported payment method. For more details, see object reference.
- Added Computop, MyCheck, Sipay, TPay.com, and Wirecard to the list of supported gateways.
- Added iQmetrix, Portmone, and Vindicia to the list of supported gateways.
- Added a section
called Test with
sample tokens that provides information about encryption and sample payloads returned
DIRECTintegration is performed.
- Added Frequently asked questions about Google Pay online.
- Added Gestpay, iPay88, MultiCarta, Square, and WayForPay to the list of supported gateways.
- Added Assist, GMO Payment Gateway, and Moneris to the list of supported gateways.
Added localized content in the following languages:
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Chinese (Traditional)
JSON Object Reference:
PaymentMethodTokenizationSpecificationnow includes examples for supported payment processors: Alfa-Bank, Blue Media, BlueSnap, Chase Paymentech, CloudPayments, GoPay, HiTrust, Lyra, Mastercard Payment Gateway Services (MPGS), Money.Mail.Ru, Newebpay (formerly STPath), Nexi, NMI, Payture, PayU, Square, TapPay, Tinkoff, and Uniteller.
- Added Arabic to the "Buy with Google Pay" resource for button asset localization.
- Launched ECv2 for
DIRECTintegrations. ECv2 is an updated cryptography protocol that allows merchants to store a static, long living, Google signing key that only needs to be updated every 10 years.
- Updated the Tink library to support ECv2 payloads as of version 1.1.0. See the Tink release notes for more information.
- Updated the Android Brand guidelines. Developers can no longer download and use the Google Pay logo, and must now only use the Google Pay mark.
- Added NMI to the list of supported gateways.
- Added instructions for
- Released a new version of Google Pay API, APIv2.