Google Wallet and Maps have teamed up to provide an end-to-end experience for users to plan and complete their travel plans. For transit agencies that support open loop payments, we display a banner to the user that lets them know that they can use their phone to set up a ride.
If a users doesn't have a card set up, we do the following:
- Let the user know that they can use their phone to pay.
- Deep link to set up a payment card for the user.
If the user already has a card set up, we do the following:
- Inform the user that the transit agency supports open loop payments and that they can use their phone to pay.
- Highlight to the user that when they use their phone to pay, they don't need to wait in line at a TVM or buy a ticket beforehand.
- Show the user how to tap their phone to the terminal.
- Help users know which card is charged when they tap the terminal.
To enable this feature, complete the following steps:
- To ensure that Google Wallet can show the transit agency logo in Google Maps, the transit agency or representative needs to complete the Permission to display brand features on Google form.
- The transit agency must publish a list in a GTFS feed of their stations and routes that support open loop payments. For more information, see GTFS feed integration.