Here's a common workflow when using Keyword Planning.
- Create a manageable list of ideas. You can use historical search volume and CPC to reduce the list of keywords to be included in forecasts.
- Generate forecast metrics for keywords in order to get traffic for keywords in the plan.
- Create a new campaign with the new keywords.
- Adjust the keywords and estimation parameters to find a setup which delivers your marketing goals using the keywords and CPC bids which you selected above.
- Leave the campaign for the duration of the
forecast_period. Forecasts are based on your campaign running unmodified for the duration of the forecast period. Changing the campaign, including bids and targeting prior to the forecast period, changes performance since daily and seasonal trends are also considered.
Keyword Planning in the API can do the following:
- Generate keyword ideas
- Generate ad group themes
- Generate historical metrics
- Generate forecast metrics