Thursday, June 11, 2009
- You missed the option to switch listing 25, 50, or 100 rows in features such as links to your site. We did not add the option back to select how many rows you would like to see but increased our default to 100!
- Top search query information differed between the old and new versions. We expected this since we went through a lot of re-engineering to improve the new top search queries backend. We reviewed many of the issues posted on our forums, and verified that the new backend is far more accurate and reliable.
- Initially, the Sitemaps downloaded and indexed URL counts differed between the two versions. We resolved this issue quickly.
- Backlinks numbers between the old and the new user interface (UI) may differ since our new UI shows the original anchor (not following redirects) as it's linked on the web. Let's say example.com links to http://google.com, then http://google.com 301s to http://www.google.com/:
- In the new UI -- only verified site owners of google.com will see examples.com's backlink (because we show the original link prior to any redirects)
- In the old UI -- verified site owners of www.google.com could see example.com's backlink
- The new site switcher lists only five sites, and some of you who manage a large number of sites found this limiting. We appreciate the feedback and will work on addressing this limitation in a future release.